Format: 3 hours classroom plus a Full Day
Join SEC for a thorough introduction to avalanche hazard evaluation as it relates to backcountry touring and splitboarding. SEC has developed a concise and pertinent curriculum for splitboarders, following the recommended guidelines for introductory avalanche courses from the American Avalanche Association. A must for any splitboarder traveling in avalanche terrain!
Certificate of completion awarded upon conclusion of the course.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the Avalanche Awareness for Splitboarders course, clients will understand:
- Recognition and avoidance of obvious avalanche hazard.
- Application of the current avalanche advisory.
- Recognition and avoidance of avalanche terrain.
- How layered snow contributes to avalanches.
- Companion rescue in avalanche situations.
In Utah, all instruction on snow occurs in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest under a Special Use Permit issued to Utah Mountain Adventures.
Find rates for indoor and outdoor instruction here.